Saturday, July 19, 2008

A dream

In the dream, we are two mixed groups of people at a party. I am in the smaller of two rooms having a glass of my favorite wine, St. Emilion. Suddenly a voice calls, "Hey, Manda, we're waiting on you." I look through the doorway to see who's speaking. In the other room, a man I don't know but to whom I wouldn't mind being introduced, sits on a stool holding a book. With misgivings I enter the room. His book is now a manuscript. In fact, all the other partyers now have manuscripts. Me too.
"Well, Manda, it's your turn," the leader says. I look down at the open manuscript in my hand and see it's notes running riot on a symphonic score. I'm about to ask, "how the devil can I read this ?" when I jerk awake.
Thank goodness, the thought of trying to read all those notes was a nightmare... I'm still trying to figure out what this dream is really about.

No comments: