Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ah, for a second life!

Yesterday I sat with several other people viewing Second Life on a wide screen. We actually had a presentation by Miriam, professional Second Lifer exponent, love that word.

I was one of the few attendees to have an Avatar, in fact, I have three: Yahoo, Meez and Second Life.

Second Life is fascinating in that, as the title says, one can really live a second life maybe even better than your first. You can own a store, a home, buy clothing, have friends, fly, see I said a better life, to places you've only dreamed of. The possibilities are endless.

I thought of fulfilling my dream of owning and hosting my own club where I would be the resident singer. Of course, friends would be invited to sing too. Checking this project out on SL the cost is only a fraction of the cost offline! Bien sûr.

Our host tried visiting a nudist colony (several exist in SL) and succeeded flying into one but as soon as the one occupant on the beach saw him, she ran away. He still had his pants on, not that he didn't try to take them off. Unfortunately, the 'take your pants off button' wouldn't do it. So there he was, hovering over the nudist camp with his pants on! Tsk, tsk.

The first time I tried SL was immediately after a telewebinar with the same Miriam, hosted by Bernadette Martin, branding expert. I had fun making and naming the avatar but got scared when I had to put my money where my heart was and give up my credit card info. Oh, oh, I thought, sistasinga, you'd better think twice. Now, after testing the life, I'm tempted to try again though it won't be my second life. 'Seems like many other artists, I've already had two or three.




1 comment:

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Oh how cool!!! I didn't know you were in SL!! Maybe we could meet up!! My username is Islandgirl Noel if you want to look me up... I really NEVER go on because I would want to stay there forever... You can really buy a lot of cool clothes and look really cool in SL... much better than in RL!! And, I just love the graphics, traveling places, and flying all over.. I wanted to sell my pictures there but I couldn't figure out to build picture frames... I'm lame, I know!! Take care... What's your name in SL, by the way....